Thursday, July 20, 2006

Travel Day One

July 20, 2006









After a good night’s rest, we left the hotel at 9:21am heading down I-95. Our first fill-up was in Stanford, CT (21.9 gallons at $73.05). Oh boy, it is going to be an expense trip! From there, I took the wheel and drove to Clinton, New Jersey from I-287 to I-84 and had lunch at Quiznos. After lunch. I continued to drive down I-84 to I-81 to Carlisle, PA. We grabbed some Dunkin Donuts, then discovered … the right, rear, outside, passenger tire was running low on air. So, we called Pete’s doctor to see if he would be willing to make a house-call. Here, we sit … in the DD waiting for Dr. Pen. Well, we are back up and driving. Dr. Pen came to visit and found a hole in the tire. Following a Taco Bell picnic dinner in the DD parking lot as we watched Dr. Pen replace the tire, we were on our way. We finished up the day at 11:31pm, finding a Comfort Inn in Salem, Virginia (just south of Roanoke, VA).

Travel Day One--
States Visited: Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia
The Day’s Beginning Mileage: 18093
The Day’s Ending Mileage: 18686
Driver(s): Dad Marble and Amanda Marble
Cell Phone Conversations: Amy Sickel, Mom Marble, Dr. Pen

2 comments:

Missy Small said...

I'm so sad that DC is just a leetle bit too far east for you. But Salem is nice, no? We were their this spring for a wedding. If you see my friend Krista tell her hi! :)

andrew said...

You're on your way! I may be on of the cell phone calls for tomorrow...

Hope you are enjoying the trip and stay safe!