I am currently reading a number of books this summer. I like a variety of books, which will become evident as you read this post. Currently, my fun, fiction book is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book #5). I hoped to have this book read by the time the sixth book came out, but I was unsuccessful. Even so, it has been fun to read in the midst of this latest Harry Potter craze.
For some personal reflection on my own spiritual journey, I am reading Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller. He is considered similar to "Anne Lamott with testosterone." I have really appreciated the honest perspective from which he shares about his own spiritual journey. It has been a hard one to put down..

Last but not least, I have been reading The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning as part of a book club. Manning focuses predominantly on God's love and grace-- and how it is extended to us through Him, but also how we are called to extend it to others. It has been an enjoyable book to dialogue on with others.
4 comments:
Thanks for the post. I've been looking forward to hearing from you via your blog! Yahoo! I'm also encouraged by your summer reading. I find myself walking around the house sometimes with nothing to do. (Well, not really, nothing suites my fancy at moments like this.) and absolutely NO desire to be outside in the 107 degree heat. What better thing to do than read! Thanks for the encouragement. I started the 4th Harry Potter book and never finished. Maybe I should revisit it and continue on through the next two. Hope all is well on your coast. Still thinking of you, Your West Coast Sista'
Hey Amanda,
Greetings from Kansas City. Remember me? You're old college pal Brandon? It's great to see that you've become a blogger. I'm hoping to come visit Boston sometime soon so we'll have to get together. Feel free to stop by my blog or website any time!
www.bhilldesign.com
Blue Like Jazz is a great book, good choice Amanda!
If you like that book you should check out Anne Lamott's "Traveling Mercies" and her new book "Plan B: Farther Thoughts on Faith"
Hello to my 1st floor Ford South friend! Amanda I have been "secretly" keeping on up you via the link from Andrea and Telfer's blog to your blog! I have enjoyed finding out what is going on in your life! Congratulations on finishing your master's! One of my goals this summer was to get a blog up and running...so it is in the beginning stages but I wanted to let you know about it! Our address is ~ www.rachelleandpaul.blogspot.com
Come and visit sometime!
Love you!
RaChelle (Lundy) Hendricks
Post a Comment