Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My eBay Obsession

I will admit ... I am obsessed with eBay! As a born-shopper, I love the challenge of seeking out the best price, then sealing the deal. I have found eBay to be the type of place that helps fill this natural craving. In the last day, I have bought two things on eBay. I've been "surfing" (aka. shopping) for them for quite awhile, but most recently found the best price available.

My purchase yesterday was a collectible 2005 Frankoma elephant for my elephant collection. Frankoma has made an elephant and donkey each year since 1968 to represent political parties. On an inauguration year the names of the President/VP candidates are placed on the donkey or elephant depending on party affilation.

The second purchase of the week was the game "Oodles," which I have played a number of times at the Henck house. It is no longer being produced, so I've been looking for it on eBay. It is a great game to play with a group and will be a nice addition to my game collection.

So, as you can see eBay has treated me well this week. Who knows what I'll be looking for next ...

3 comments:

timage said...

Amanda:

I share your Ebay obsession. I just purchased a Treo 650 (combination cell phone/pda) off of Ebay. It was awesome. Then I went back and got some accessories. Just working to keep my 100% positive feedback going.

Anonymous said...

Amanda: This is Andrew Shinn's grandmother and I have been enjoying your blog along with all of the other that Andrew has listed on his Blog site. I am an EBay fanatic also and have bought and sold for 5 years. Great fun!!! I have paid for several vacations, a computer and new camera. It works and it can be very exciting. It's a great project for retired people. Enjoy

Amanda said...

Grandma Mitzi,
Thanks for the post ... it would be great to connect with you in person sometime. I love Andrew and Lisa!