Monday, January 27, 2014

Inversion = Crazy Me


The Treasure Valley has been experiencing an inversion for over 14 days. 
Heading up the hill
Above the clouds












I know there are a lot of places where cloudy reigns, but over the past two weeks, I've learned that I need sun... at least a showing of it... it does my soul good!

To beat the cloudy blues, I took my first trip up to Bogus Basin on Sunday. 
Bogus Basin needing more snow
Bogus Basin
Most people go up the hill to ski, snowboard, snowshoe or sled ... I went up for sun and blue sky. And it seems I wasn't alone ... as my parents and I headed up the hill, just above the cloud-line, there were people pulled off on the side of the road taking it all in.  Glorious sun! It is amazing what a few hours in the sun can do for one's well-being. Went up feeling a little crazy and frustrated ... came back down feeling happy and ready to tackle the week! And enjoyed another first ... Fanci Freeze.
Happy Me!
Layers = snow, mountains, inversion (white strip in middle), sky/sun

1 comment:

Amanda said...

In other news, the SUN came out today! 1/30/14