Wednesday, February 05, 2014

#PrayforJoncee

My heart is heavy. Yesterday, I found out that the Lenkers, dear friends from college, are once again fighting a battle with cancer.  Cancer has returned to the eye of their son, Joncee.  As soon as I heard the news, I went to a drawer and pulled out my "Pray for Joncee Troy" bracelet to put on.
#PrayforJoncee
This little man has a special place in my heart.  When I was living in Southern California, I had the opportunity to spend an evening with the Lenkers at their temporary housing near LA Children's Hospital in the early months of their journey.  Months later, I joined fellow NNU alumni for Joncee's first birthday party. Now, Joncee is a seven year old, active boy!
Joncee's 1st Birthday
I continue to be in awe of Keegan and Jayme's faith and authenticity through the journey.  As Keegan so eloquently put it, "it's news that invites us to lean into a deeper dependency upon God." May it be so, for each of us, as bring our petitions to the Lord and claim hope for the Lenkers!

No comments: