Wednesday, January 08, 2014

32,850 days

It is hard to imagine living 32,850 days, as I have only lived 12,600 days.  To think, I could have another two-thirds of my life. At times, I feel like I have accomplished so much, yet there is so much life left to live ... what do I want to accomplish? where do I want to visit? how do I want to be remembered?

You might be asking where did all the philosophical questions come from? On Monday, I had the opportunity to have dinner and dessert with Priscella, my great-aunt, on her 90th birthday! 90 YEARS!  My aunt, one of the grand Yia-Yias, which includes my Nana and my great aunt Faye, is a special lady. She remains independent, lives on her own, drives her car and volunteers once a week (going on 22+ years) at her church's food pantry.  She remains sharp-as-a-tack and is quiet the go-getter.  She is truly part of the greatest generation.  Happy 90th Birthday, Aunt Pris!
The Birthday Lady

2 comments:

RaChelle and Paul said...

Love all the good updates. I am ready to eat my way through SLC with you! Yum. Happy New Year friend.

Amanda said...

I'll try to keep it up, RaChelle. Thanks for reading ... it is good to know I have "a" reader out there.