Andrea's 2007 book list inspired me to highlight the three books I read over Christmas break.

Before I left California, I started
Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult. I am a big Jodi Picoult fan. Her books are always thought-provoking, well researched and well written. She is not afraid to tackle tough issues in her books and this book was no different. Set in the small town of Salem Falls, a new man in town ready for a fresh start is accused by four high school girls of sexual abuse. As you might guess by the title, this is a witch hunt straight out of Salem (Falls).

While, I was at my parent's house I found a copy of
The Innocent Man by John Grisham. I have always enjoyed Grisham's writing, but hadn't had the chance to read one of his nonfiction books. Grisham did a great job molding the various aspects of Ron Williamson's life into a readable account. Unfortunately, it is a true account of a man wrongly accused, but thankfully it brings to light what can happen when we are quick to judge and don't have all the facts/evidence.

As part of my Christmas, Zach and Sarah (thanks guys!) gave me
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I always enjoy a Sparks book -- simple, yet make you laugh and cry all the way to the last page. I guess I'm a sucker for his heartfelt story lines. Overall, it was a nice way to pass the time on the plane and wrap up break. Now, it is time to begin 2008 reading with
Three Junes.
1 comment:
Look at you! I so enjoyed reading your little book commentary - sounds like you got in some great reading time over the break...nice. You'll enjoy Three Junes.
Post a Comment