Saturday, August 25, 2007

Life's Delights

When the mail arrived today, two place-settings of Royal Doulton Centennial Rose china were waiting for me. I fell in love with this china pattern on a trip to England my sophomore year of college. At that point, it didn't seem necessary or practical to have china. So, I walked out of Harrod's empty handed.









I've had my eye on this pattern since that time. I love how you can layer the plates and the border from each shows, but as many of you know a 5-piece place-setting is quite expensive. A few weeks ago, I had a wonderful idea. Why don't I use my credit card rewards to buy the china on Amazon.com? I pulled together my rewards and was able to get two 5-piece place settings and spend only $20.00 of my own money. What a deal!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO happy for you! It's beautiful!

Now, you have to promise to USE it! China is meant to be enjoyed, not boxed away!

Pretty ... pretty ... pretty!
==anita==

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marbs . . . only on YOUR blog would I find such a post . . . . and I absolutely LOVE you for it! Good to hear from you as always. :-)

Melanie said...

Amanda,
What a true delight! It really is a gorgeous set, congratulations! I'm very jealous.
Melanie

Missy Small said...

I so remember you falling in love with this pattern. What a beautiful love affair to watch unfolding! Someday when I come to visit I expect to be served on china.

(and, btw, everyone needs china. :))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Looks exactly like something I would expect you to choose. I too would love to be served a meal on that china someday.

Amanda said...

Wow-- who knew china could get so much attention ...

Marble Madness said...

Funny. I've been to China and I think it looks nothing like it. Huh...

Looking good Sis. Just made a special trip to the Flying M so I could get some internet to post for you. You should feel so blessed.

Andrea said...

I love it! It's beautiful - when can we come over to eat?? I love china. The food *tastes* better on pretty plates.