Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bits and Pieces

There hasn't been anything major to report in the last few weeks, so I thought I would share a few bits and pieces from this past week with my faithful readers ...

Tuesday was a good day -- a breakfast meeting at Starbucks, an afternoon meeting at Duke's and the first night of a new ladies Bible study at church "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things" (although it took me 1.5 hours to get to PazNaz, it was worth it).

When I began my job, I was told Pamela Anderson is a regular celebrity sighted around Malibu, particularly walking the Pepperdine's campus. On Thursday, I finally had my sighting. A student and I were walking to a meeting, when we spotted Pamela and another woman across the parking lot from us. She was indeed walking around campus -- the stories are true.

Friday was the annual University Advancement/Public Affairs retreat. Each attendee left with either a 10 dollar Best Buy or Coffee Bean gift card. I was luckly enough to get the Best Buy card, so after the retreat I headed there and bought the third season of The Office. I love The Office, if you haven't been fortunate enough to check it out DO; Season 4 starts in two weeks.

Last, but not least ... Saturday afternoon, I got together with my brother-from-another-mother-- Andrew. We spent sometime in Old Pasadena shopping, then headed back to the Henck house for dinner. Good times!

4 comments:

andrew said...

Great weekend at home. Glad you could come by.

Enjoy the week ahead...

Anonymous said...

You are so busy and write such newsy postings. Looking forward to you next one.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Brother-from-another-mother.

I resemble that remark (the mother part, not the brother part!) :)

Good to have you here TWO weekends in a row!

Andrew said...

Fun times. You are lucky to live near your brother from another mother (very creative by the way) and his parents. Thanks for the phone call the other day; I owe you one and maybe, just maybe we'll actually talk! :) Hope you're having a great week. Thanks for posting even the random, ordinary things.