Last night marked the 3rd Annual "New Student Mugging"-- a relatively new tradition on the Pepperdine campus. Staff members of the Alumni Association, Seaver Alumni Office (my office), the
Student Alumni Organization and local alumni come back to "mug" the students. They get a take-away glass mug and a root beer float in it ... thus, the "mugging." The Orientation leaders play it up big and tell them not to bring their wallets down to the park, etc. so the students really have no idea what they'll find until they arrive.
When I was at NNU, the Alumni Office did something very similar and we were able to take our cups to the Maverick for "Mav Runs." Oh, those were the days. Here are a few pics from last night ...



2 comments:
Looks like you were working everyone too hard. Only one guy had much of a smile. Looks like a good time though. No wonder you were tired Thursday night.
ohhhhh, the days of the Mav run....thanks for the reminder of such a fun memory. Somedays I wish to be back in college... I miss the carefree feeling of freshman year!
Post a Comment