Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Costumes

One thing I've noticed about this area of California is the intense intrique with Halloween costumes. There is a costume shop (just for the Halloween season) within a half mile of my apartment in any direction. I had to make a quick trip to the DMV today and arrived to find all of the employees in costume. Apparently, it was requirement for coming to work today. Crazy California!

Speaking of craziness ... buying your dog a $75.00 parka! Yesterday, my boss and I went to a pet store in Malibu on our lunch break. We had lunch near by and thought we would stop in to see the puppies, which were too cute! On our way out of the store, I stumbled across the "clothing" section. I couldn't believe the items of clothing available for a dog-- a fur, yes real fur vest, Juicy Couture tank tops, swimsuits, and various coats, including the above mentioned parka. First off, why does a dog need a parka? Secondly, if a dog does need a parka, it surely does not need a parka in California! Only in Malibu! Now, I'm all for a fun dog sweater or shirt. But seriously, when I could buy a coat for around the same price as a doggie parka, then something is really wrong with our world.

No comments: