Monday, June 23, 2008

The Greek Boys

Two of my favorite people in the world are Nick and Tom (pictured above with Kimmie, Nick's bear). Nick and Tom are my mom's cousins (thus mine) who are developmentally disabled. Each Sunday afternoon, I call "the boys" to check in and find out what is new in their world. Usually I get an update on their most recent yard sale purchase, hear about their work week or find out who won the Thursday afternoon bowling game. Our phone visits never last long (our record is 7 minutes!), but I find so much joy in those brief moments. Nick and Tom are truly gems-- those people in your life that make you smile and feel so blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have printed out a copy your posting of N&T to send them. They will love it! Second thought, I will keep it until your visit, and you can give it to them.