Last night, I finished reading The Grand Weaver by Ravi Zacharias. I have always been a fan of Ravi, but this book is one of his finest works (from my humbly opinion). It was absolutely wonderful!. Maybe it was what I needed to hear at this stage in my faith/life, but I think anyone could gain great insight from this book. Zacharias is a fantastic storyteller and speaks well to how God shapes us through the events in our life.
Other book, I just wrapped up was The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. Set in the south, a young girl leaves T Ray (her father) after receiving devestating news about her mom's death. In her pursuit for answers and a sense of peace, she finds comfort in the Boatwright sisters. It was a fun, easy read, with deep emotion-- a good story for generations of women.The Last Summer (of You and me) by Ann Brashares (author of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series) was another book read within the last few weeks. It was a relevatively simple story, but enjoyable. I guess I was expecting more from Brashares, as she made her attempt to branch out from young adult to adult fiction. If you are looking for a quick, winter read ... pick it up at the library, but I wouldn't pay full price.

1 comment:
amanda - hmm...loved secret life of bees too - will have to put ravi on my list. what else does he write?
Post a Comment