Today, I came into work to find the following email from the Public Relations department on campus (no joke!):
"The Pepperdine community is reminded to exercise caution while strolling the grounds and adjacent areas to the campus in response to a recent sighting of a mountain lion, as well as exercising usual caution concerning rattle snakes. Extra concern should be given regarding the care of small pets and children."
So ... if (or when) I see a mountain lion, should I walk, run, or immediately drop to the fetal position? I think I'll just say inside.
5 comments:
Instructions for Survival in the Wild Malibu Outback. Fetal position only if you see a bear. Play like you're dead. They don't like dead meat. You want to look as big as possible with the puddy cat. Arms raised towards the heavens, stand on tip toes, scream like he**. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT run. Cats like to chase and play.... like with mouses! This advice is from a survivor because I have never had the misfortune of coming face to face with either bear or cat. So I have NOT tried out these survival techniques. DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk.
I hope I am not confusing the animals. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.
Good explanation Dad. And here all I thought you had to worry about in California was catching the perfect wave or working on your tan.
Of course I don't think you surf. And us Marbles' just burn. So maybe you could just take care of Paris Hilton's dog while she's in the slammer, that way you have something to feed the wildlife.
Hahah, your dad's comments where perfect, I have nothing to add.
Have a good week Amanda!
you be careful amanda m. out there in the wilds of malibu!
Post a Comment