Saturday, May 12, 2007

Part 2- You know you live in SoCal when ...

As I watch t.v. this evening, I thought I would share a few more "You know you live in SoCal when ..." stories with you.

4. Palm Tree or Cell Phone Tower-- both!
My first sighting of a palm tree tower (see picture) was in the parking lot of the storage facility I used when I first arrived to California. Since, that time I have seen them everywhere. Usually, they blend in pretty well. However, last week I saw a nice green palm tree tower surrounded by four (real) almost dead palm trees. In this case, the tower was quiet noticeable. Oops!

5. Earthquake Insurance:
Yes, California is known for earthquakes. But, I admit I was surprised when I was encouraged on top of my renter's insurance to get earthquake coverage. I was even more suprised when I was told it would cost 3x that of my renter's insurance. As you might guess, I quickly waved it and starting praying for no earthquakes.

6. Surfboards at Costco:
I was walking the aisles of Costco a few weeks ago when I came across the outdoor section. I was looking for bbq stuff. I decided I was on the wrong aisle, so I was quickly walking to begin the next aisle. I was glancing at the items, but not paying that close of attention. Then, it registered, I just walked by a surfboard. I walked back to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. Nope-- apparently, you can buy surfboards at SoCal Costcos. Too funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first time I saw a palm tree cell tower it was atleast 5x taller then any palm tree ever. Made me laugh out loud.