Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ira, the iPod

As a reward for completing my thesis, I decided to join the ranks of music-lovers everywhere and purchase my first iPod-- affectionately known as Ira. I like to think of myself as someone that keeps up with technology, but imagine my surprise when I learned Apple was now producing the 5th generation of iPods. Was I really that far behind?

One of the first things I did was register my iPod, which requires giving it a name. Apple's default name was "A... M...'s iPod." How uncreative! When I purchased my Dell, I named it Dilbert. So, in keeping with the alliteration theme, I decided Ira would work just great. Ira the iPod-- doesn't it have a nice ring to it?

Ira and I have become good pals. Each day, he accompanies me on my commute and keeps me company while at work. He loves the color red and loves all sorts of music. I can't wait to formaly introduce him to you. :)

6 comments:

Missy Small said...

Good for you! You will love him! What a fun reward for good, hard work.

Marble Madness said...

Just make sure Ira has a full belly of "The Office" when you come to Idaho. Who knows, maybe I can load her up with some more while she's here.

Amanda said...

Z-- Ira is a boy. :)

Marble Madness said...

What? Hmm.. well I guess that will do. I guess it also makes sense that the meaning of Ira is "watchful". As in you can watch "The Office" on it. Was that part of the reason you chose it?

Andrea said...

aren't you cute? check out www.audible.com and try an audiobook! The love of my life - I deadhead roses, I do the dishes, I drive to work, I clean the bathroom floor - all to audiobooks. Good times.

Andrew & Lisa said...

Yahoo! We are proud of you for both finishing your Master's program and joining the iPod community. Job well done and iPod well deserved! :) We love you.