Friday, November 03, 2006

Popularity of a Name

There are 605,937 people in the U.S. with the first name Amanda (the 80th most popular first name). There are 8,159 people in the U.S. with the last name Marble. There are 16 people in the U.S. with my full name! How popular is your name?

6 comments:

RaChelle and Paul said...

Okay, Amanda I did this! Get this...there are 2 people in the U.S. with the name RaChelle Lundy and 4 with the name RaChelle Hendricks...I wonder where they are? What were my parents thinking?

Anonymous said...

Phillip = 319,467 (192nd)
Davis = 1,439,849 (6th)

... and there are 1,533 other Phillip Davises out there. Big shock.

Anonymous said...

I don't exist! Oh no ... Amanda ... you helped change my life.

It says, "There are 242,975 people in the U.S. with the first name Anita. Statistically the 268th most popular first name(tied with 3 other first names). More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Anita are female."

But, it also says there are O people in the U.S. with the last name Henck. And, it concludes that there ae 0 people in the U.S. named Anita Henck.

I'm not only unique ... I uniquely don't exist! :)

Anonymous said...

I had to run the test also. There are two persons with my name. At least I have a 50/50 chance of existing. Much better odds than Anita!

Missy Small said...

apparently "johnson" is the 2nd most popular name in america...which is good, because no one with the name "malisah" exists... :)

Jeff Bergeson said...

Hey Amanda,
We're just checking out your site, which we haven't in a while, and seeing how it works and all 'cause we're looking into blogging soon. I happened upon this one, and while there are 8 people with my name, and Kelly remembers that there were a few with hers, there are NO people in the USA with our daughter's name! How cool is that!?
Anyhoo, hope you're doing well, and wish us happy blogging!

Peace,
J, K, and A Bergeson