The Pacific Northwest has been drowned by recent storms moving through the area. It sounds like the worst is over, but the damage continues. Here is a piece of an article found on Northwest Cable News Network: "Three hundred homes and rental cabins were threatened with flooding after the Cowlitz River changed course and ran through a neighborhood (High Valley 8 and 11) near Packwood at midday Tuesday, sweeping away a small house, Lewis County sheriff's Deputy Stacy Brown said."
Today, I found these pictures of what was someone's summer cabin (mentioned above) that was located in the same subdivision, two blocks away, from cabins of 3 of my family members (my parents, my mom's parents and my aunt). Everyone is a bit unsettled not knowing what will be found once folks are allowed backin the area to survey the damage. People were evacuated on Monday. Hopefully, the damage won't be too extensive and the river will recede soon.
2 comments:
Wow! What a sad picture to see a neighbor's house floating down the Cowlitz River. Who knows... we might find that we have river frontage upon our next visit to High Valley. I hope not though. I like having a buffer of someone elses real estate between the river and us. Will send some pictures after our next visit to HV.
I found out yesterday that this cabin "belonged" to the president of the High Valley Park Country Club Association.
Post a Comment