Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane Katrina


(The city of New Orleans)
(Refugees taking shelter at the SuperDome)

In the craziness of my own life, as the school year begins at ENC, I have been reminded that people around the world (Iraq, Africa, Southern U.S., etc.) are dealing with even greater stressors in their life. Even in the midst of my own frustrations, lack of time, and wants beyond my needs, I have had to remind myself that my life is pretty darn good. I should have nothing to complain about ... I have a roof over my head, food and water, clean clothes and a sense of security. I have been overwhelmed by the pictures coming from the areas devestated by Hurricane Katrina. I have been praying for these people and also praying that God would lay on my heart a specific way to respond to the crisis. How will God use you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning at 11:00 AM (MST) the freshman are all meeting for their first University Seminar plenary session. Professor Tom Oord will be speaking to them about Christlike Character. AS we begin, I am going to read your entry and tell the students a little about you. We will take time to pray for the hurricane victims. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Jeremy said...

I just want to go, ya know? I'm in "double sessions" right now (nine hours of class a day, 4.5 both in the morning and evening). I know I'm emotionally and academically tired, but I still can't help but feel selfish and useless here in KC.