This weekend, I read "The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference" by Malcolm Gladwell-- the author of the current bestseller "Blink." It was a great read. He talks about different roles people play in society (Mavens, Connectors, etc.) and the impact word-of-mouth has in producing social epidemics. Gladwell has definitely pondered these ideas and provides the reader with some great insight.
9 comments:
Amanda,
How do you like 'Tipping Point' so far? I've really wanted to read 'Blink' since I saw it at Costco. I was going to buy it last time we were there, but that didn't happen. Jon, my brother, read TP and said it was worthwhile. I hope to get around to reading both of them soon. Tell me if I should!
Andrew
P.S. - For the moment, I'm reading the Oxford Collection of American Detective Stories. It's pretty fun reading. Earlier this summer I read 'Digital Fortress' by Dan Brown. 'The Power of One' (thanks George and Tanya!) and 'The 9/11 Commission Report' are on my to-read list.
Hello!
Thanks for putting your blog link on wollyyoungadults group site. I havn't read the Tipping Point, but Mark Perry, my brother-in-law, did, and he gave a pretty lengthy -- but interesting -- report about it to Kelly and me. It sounded great!
I haven't read any Dan Brown...yet...but the Perry's are borrowing from Mark's parents the Da Vinci Code, which I'm interested in reading (as the fiction it is). :)
Last but not least, yesterday, Kelly and I read the first chapter, the 2 forwards, the testimony, and the Word Before of the Ragamuffin Gospel. We're excited about it!!!! We had to restrain ourselves from reading Chapter 2! :)
Peace,
Jeff Bergeson
Jeff,
The Da Vinci Codi is a fun little piece of fiction. I'm sure you'll enjoy the read. What's the Ragamuffin Gospel about? Who wrote it? I'll look forward to your review on that, as well. Also, how do I get to the Wally Young Adults Yahoo Group?
Take Care,
Andrew
Hey Friend!
Glad to hear you enjoyed "The Tipping Point." You've now encouraged me to finish reading it and add it to my still growing summer reading list! Nice new look to the blog, as well...
Andrew-- the Ragamuffin Gospel is by Brennan Manning (fantastic author and speaker), one of those speakers that says it how it is ... also, the wolly yahoo group can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wollyyoungadults/
Gladwell in STNews: here
Phil, is that you?
... it sure is!
Post a Comment