Monday, June 20, 2005

Vacation Cliff Notes

I've had many requests ... actually, just one (thanks Lisa) asking for an update on the start of my summer. It has been a busy beginning to what I thought would be a semi-restful summer.

My great-Uncle Randy passed away the week before Memorial Day. Mr. Stathopulas (that is Greek!) was such an amazing man-- a father to Nick and Tom, "the best-looking and oldest of six", and the most thoughtful, caring uncle around. He will be forever loved and missed!

After hearing of Uncle Randy's passing, I flew to Washington State to spend time with my family and many extendeds and to attend the memorial service. The celebration of his life was so appropriate and meaningful. Uncle Randy set the bar high for anyone that is willing to follow in his shoes.

Following my time in Yakima/Tri-cities, I headed to Idaho with my parents to help my brother and sister-in-law move into their new home. I enjoyed the opportunity to surprise Zach and Sarah who thought I had flown back to Boston earlier in the week. I had great time in Idaho-- visiting NNU, breakfast at JB's, late-night chats, night-life in Boise, church at Nampa First and spending time with friends and family. I sure miss my Idaho/NNU roots!

Since my "vacation" in the Northwest, I have come back to Quincy. Life has been non-stop since my return... more to come on that later.

1 comment:

Andrew & Lisa said...

Thanks for the update AND thanks for the chat earlier. I am thankful for all of the ways we have to keep in touch. Your friend, Lis