As I shared in my first post of 2011, one of my goals for the new year was to be healthier person. One piece of that was to workout more! I am happy to report that I started working out on January 2 and continued through January 31 -- 30 days straight! And, it has continued in February (5 days down). I am VERY proud of myself ... I've been going around saying "I'm an athlete (... almost!)."
Anna and I have had an Anytime Fitness membership for almost a year now. We've had months of great consistency and other months that haven't been that impressive. January 2011 was a month of VERY impressive results for us. We made THE board!
For the past four months or so, at the start of a new month, the gym hangs up a white board that documents the members with the highest number of visits the previous month. Anna and I were pretty sure we had a chance of making the January board. When February arrived, we began counting down the days until the board would go up. February 3 was the day! We walked into the gym, walked over to the board, glanced at it, then Anna softly shouts "You're Number 1!" We start jumping up and down, give each other high fives and make quite the scene. Once we paused and looked back at the board, we realized Anna was on it too. Anna had 21 days! I was just ahead with 30 days. (Note: the board shows I had 33 visits, but I really had 30. It counts the number of times you scan into the gym vs. actual workout). We were gitty the rest of our time at the gym. Yes, a silly white board can serve as quite the motivation. As you might guess, we have plans to be on the board again in February.

4 comments:
You are so an athlete! The only reason I made it 21 days was your motivation...that and the fact that I got to watch hgtv.
That is so impressive! Way to go!
Maybe that is what I need to get motivated...a whiteboard! Nice work Amanda and Anna (aka "the athletes")!
Well done, you big goof!!! I wish I could say the same!
Post a Comment