Friday, December 17, 2010

In the year, 2010...


I (re) learned … to sew.  During the month of June, I took a four-week sewing class.  I learned to make pillow cases, zipper pouches, and an apron.
Zipper Pouch
I visited … New York City in March with my friend, Anna.  We had a great time catching up with our dear friends, the Griffiths and visiting the sights and sounds of NYC.  A few highlights … Billy Elliott on Broadway, taking a walking tour of the Upper West Side, visiting The Met and eating our way through the city.  
Heading to Ellis Island
The Girls in NYC
Time Square, New York City
I became … an aunt!  Alison Ann Marble was born on April 10 at 7:29am; weighing in at 6lbs 10oz and 20 in long.  Alison is just the sweetest little gal!  This auntie is quite smitten!  
Auntie Amanda
Alison Ann
Proud Dad and Aunt
I advised … the Junior Class Council at Northwest Nazarene University (NNU).  It has been a treat to assist this group of students as they plan events and meet weekly.

I organized … the 2nd Annual Freshman Retreat at NNU that took place during Labor Day Weekend and judged … the Mr. NNU pageant (think college men and Miss America). 
 
I read … 50 books.  A few of my favorites were Jane Eyre, Green Dolphin Street, Let the Great World Spin, Brooklyn, Shanghai Girls, Encouraging the Heart and Sold. More reads can be found on LibraryThing.

I bought … a new (used) car in March, a 2007 Honda CR-V.  You can call her Ruby, as she is red.  Ruby is all I’ve ever wanted in a car, now to get her paid off.
Ruby
I began … my tenth year as a professional in higher education. Where does the time go?  Speaking of, my 10-year college reunion is next fall.
Student Development Team
I served … as the honorary coach for the men’s basketball team during their December game against College of Idaho.  We won!  Now, I have a 1-0 coaching record.
 I celebrated… my 31st birthday with family in High Valley in July. two years of home ownership on December 16, and did I mention becoming at aunt? 
My House
Miss Alison
May this Christmas season be richly blessed as you reflect on Christ’s birth, spend time with family and friends and anticipate the New Year! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Christmas Card. Have a great fun filled 2011 also. Love Dad