Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Florida Recap

It is hard to believe we are 10 days into 2006! It seems like just yesterday, I was basking in the sun of Florida with the rents'. We had a great time together and enjoying the sites of Walt Disney World (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, and Epcot). It would take pages and pages to tell you all about my trip. So, I'll leave you with a few highlights from each park ...

Animal Kingdom-- the safari ride was incredible: elephants, alligators, gorillas, rinos, giraffes and more!

Magic Kingdom-- Who doesn't love the good ole' standby rides Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad? Unfortunately, there was a 3 hour wait for Space Mountain.

MGM Studios-- the 50s Diner, Tower of Terror, Aerosmith's Rollercoaster and last, but certainly not least, the Osborne City of Lights. It was an absolutely amazing sight!



Epcot-- the Worldshow: my favorite countries were Japan and England, and three great rides: Test Track, Mission Space and Soarin'. I also enjoyed Epcot, because I got the opportunity to hang out with my dear friend Bob. We had dinner in England with my parents, walked around the "world," rode Test Track with Bob's cousins, and concluded the evening with fireworks and French pastries. Yum! Epcot was also the location of my New Year's Eve party.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pics! You sure made my Florida account sound rather boring compared to yours!!! :-)

Missy Small said...

Good pics. It's helpful to see you in long sleeves and pants--we're headed down to Tampa next weekend, and I've got to get it straight in my head that it will NOT be warm! (In fact, referring to my last personal blog entry, it is probably warmer here!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great memories. You have a wonderful way of telling the story. You make it sound like a place I would like to re-visit sometime.