Oh Pinterest... there are always so many tempting things to try.
My new adventure started after my friend, Andrea pinned a link to "freezer cooking" a few days ago. I "liked the pin" (got to love "Pinterest" language) and looked at it today to find a variety of meal options made from fresh foods put it zip lock bags, then frozen. The night before the desired dinner meal, you take the bag from the freezer and put it in the frig to defrost overnight. In the morning, the bag is emptied into a crock pot and cooked. Sounds simple, right? I figured it was worth a shot -- in an effort to simplify (my word for 2013), eat more intentionally and try something new. So, off to the store I went to buy ingredients.
I made three different recipes; each recipe makes two separate meals from Ring Around the Rosies. Here are the recipes I made:
| Teriyaki Chicken |
| Recipe for Teriyaki Chicken |
| Lazy Day Stew |
4 medium apples, cut into wedges
2 medium onion, chopped
4 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
The juice of three lemons
2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
3 tablespoons honey
2 can of cranberry sauce (or you can use fresh cranberries if they are in season)
Divide everything into two, one gallon freezer bags and label. When ready to cook, dump into slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours. Serve with rice or couscous.
I hope they end up tasting as good as they look being put together ... I'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
Good luck with the freezer meals. They all look yummy! Please do post back with an update on how they tasted in the end. I just might have to try them. :)
Post a Comment