Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crazy for Coupons

I love saving money! If one can get a "high" from clipping coupons, I would fit into that category. It has been a great day for saving money! My neighbors often head out of town on weekends, so they let me pick up their newspapers (coupons and all).

Today, there were five coupon packets in each newspaper. So, two papers x 5 packets gave me a lot of savings. Plus, Albertsons had three double coupons in each paper. There are two keys to using coupons ... be flexible (you may have to try other brands) and only buy what you would eat or use (just because it is on sale, doesn't mean you need it).

Total savings from today:
Albertsons: spent $28.05, saved $22.19
Fred Meyer: spent $25.54, saved 17.95
Total spent: $53.59,
Total saved: $40.14

3 comments:

dad said...

That's my girl!

Jeff and Joy Scott Family said...

Check this out, I saved .60 a gallon on gas last week. Not even kidding. Now that I'm driving an even bigger gas guzzler I need things like this even more!!!

PS. I MISS COFFEE!!!!

Jeff :-)

Jeff and Joy Scott Family said...

This is what I meant for you to check out! Oops!

http://shaws.com/pages/promotionsIrving.php