If I've learned one thing (trust me, there has been more) since buying my home, it has been that removing wallpaper stinks! I have ten walls and one bathroom border of wallpaper in the house. And none of it falls in the "keep" category! So far, I have two walls down. Anyone want to take their hand at some wallpaper? I have 8 walls and a border for you. Here are some pictures of my adventures thus far, including a little message from the ladies that hung the wallpaper ...
2 comments:
poor amanda - we just had one wall of it and it was HORRIBLE to take off...i feel for you - if I lived closer I would totally come and help you!
Quit whining!
Just kidding! But imagine this-
In 2005, at the very peak of the real estate boom, you buy a house that was built in 1875. It's really cute, but it needs some work. With a house built in 1875 that's to be expected. Much of the house is wallpapered. The wall paper was placed on the original horse-hair plastered walls. Removing it will likely pull the plaster off. So we decide to paint over it.
4 years later, your wife says, "Hey, I think we need to pull this painted-over paper off!" This in the house that has probably lost upwards of $70K. That doesn't even include the improvements!
But I understand how difficult it is to remove wallpaper!
Still missin' H-N-K!
Post a Comment