Friday, February 22, 2008

Vegas Vacation

I've been slacking on my blog posts this month. With only a week left in the month, I thought I should recap my first trip to Las Vegas (outside of flying in and out of the airport). It wasn't a true Vegas Vacation as it was for work, but doesn't that make a great title?

On February 7, I accompanied 12 of my Student Alumni Organization (SAO) members to Las Vegas (UNLV to be exact) for the Association of Student Advancement Programs (ASAP) District 7 conference. My first time on "the strip" was great! I was like a kid in a candy store taking it all in. One night, my students and I walked up and down the strip taking pictures along the way and in different casinos. From New York, New York to Paris to the Bellagio, they are all incredible. Our cheap thrill was watching the Bellagio fountains four times in one evening.

At the ASAP Banquet on Saturday night, I was honored as the 2008 Outstanding Adviser for District 7. Alissa, the SAO president had nominated me, when SAO was applying for other district awards. I would have loved for the students to win an award or two, but I must say I was quite honored and surprised when I won. It was nice validation for the work I do with them and for them.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Amanda, I'm sure you do a great job and deserve the recognition.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking group of SAO students/workers. It was great to see your leadership recognized. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Amanda! Congratulations - that is so cool to be honored by your students. Proud of you! Andrea

J.R. said...

Nice! Congrats!

Watch out though, the girl behind you in the second from last picture has that crazy look in her eye!

Amanda said...

JR-- she is one of my CRAZY students. :)