Monday, November 28, 2005

Wild and Crazy Black Friday

It all started at 12:01am, the date was Black Friday 2005! After a Thanksgiving day of good eats and great company, it seemed only logical to begin the next day by shopping. I met the Henck family at 11:00pm and we gathered the ads, warm coats and hats and headed to CompUSA for our first of many stops. Upon arrival, we joined approximately 75-100 people already in line and waited for the magical time. Once the doors opened, we rushed in (with everyone else) and headed for our desired bargains. Within minutes, we had our hands full and joined others in line to check out. Following our brief, but productive trip, I walked away with a router and wireless card for a total of $6.00 (after rebates)! Incredible!! I also bought a Christmas gift for someone, but he will just have to wait until the big day to unwrap it.

After starting off Black Friday well, we headed back to the Henck's house for a few hours of sleep before heading out again. Yes, the day had just begun! We joined the world of shopping again at 4:15am when we left the Henck's house for round two. The first stop ... Circuit City. We parked the car and joined the ranks of people to wait for the doors to open. It was a cold morning!! But, we ran into good friends as we waited in line, which made the wait seem a little more tolerable. Once inside, we grabbed $4.99 and $7.99 DVDs and headed for the cash registers. I walked away with Spiderman and Napoleon Dynamite. Wahoo!

Then, we headed to a list of other stores ... Best Buy, Radio Shack, Apple Store, Macys, Filenes Basement, The Gap, Filenes, KayBee Toys, Aeropostale, Target, Old Navy, Strawberries, Bath and Body Works, Costco, Kmart, and a few more I just can't remember. It was a wild morning, that came to a close around 1:30pm with a wonder nap! However, before Black Friday came to a close I had to go out one last time .... so, I drove to Walmart, back to the mall and ended the day where the second stop of the day brought me ... good ole' Circuit City looking for a few more DVDs. Just writing about my first extreme Black Friday shopping experience is making me tired again ... it might just be time for bed.

No comments: