Sunday, October 23, 2005

Must Read Now

This past week, I read My Sister's Keeper. It was a non-stop page turner ... and undoubtedly the best book I have read in 5 years ... maybe longer. It was fabulous! MJ- the book is in the mail to you.

Here is what the BN website has to say: "Known for writing novels with provocative themes centered on family conflict and difficult moral choices, Jodi Picoult presents the story of a child whose sole reason for existence is to assure a genetic match for her terminally ill sibling. Conceived in vitro, 13-year-old Anna Fitzgerald has decided to sue her parents to stop them from using her as "spare parts" for her older sister, Kate, who suffers from leukemia. After years of having her bone marrow and blood used to keep Kate alive, Anna now refuses to donate a kidney and strives for her own personal freedom. She hires lawyer Campbell Alexander to represent her, even as her own mother, a former civil defense attorney, fights her in court."

1 comment:

RaChelle and Paul said...

This books sounds GOOD! I'll have to add it to my unofficial list. I think I requested "Blue Like Jazz" a month ago from the Library and I haven't seen it yet!! Maybe I should call and check on that...:-). Anyway, nice job on joining the gym - I believe in you - you can do it!!