As stated above, there will be times it is necessary to share a funny story about my life on the east coast. I've been wondering when the first story of the new year would begin to unfold. It just so happens it occured tonight when I was hosting the SGA Executive Council for dinner at my apartment. Everything was going smoothly-- apartment clean, dinner in the final stages, and SGA members were all accounted. Then, what would appear but smoke coming from my back right stove burner. Huh! That is funny, what would be smoking?! Maybe there is something on the burner. At that moment, I realized ... "shoot, the base for my dessert is in the oven!" I quickly opened the oven door and smoke came bellowing out! SGA members quickly jumped into action fanning the smoke detectors in my apartment, opening the window and I shut the oven door after a quick peak (see picture)
As you might have guessed, the base for my dessert (for Peanut Butter Bananna Brownie Pizza) had run over my Pampered Chef pizza stone and throughout the oven. Thankfully, the smoke detector did not go off in my apartment, which would have then set off the building alarm.
But, not to worry ... the rest of dinner and the meeting that followed went quite well. Unfortunately there was no dessert to end the evening. Moral of the story-- do not put cake, brownie or any other batter on a flat pan-- it will run!
3 comments:
My my! Guess this shows what happens when you skip a cooking class! Glad everything else went well. Love dad
Hey Amanda! Great picture even if the dessert was a disaster. Keep the stories comin'! ~Andrew and Lisa
Hey Hey Marble!
Nice blog! This is fun. Good luck baking next time! ;-)
Post a Comment